“Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.” – Psalm 100:4
As we begin the fast, let us begin with thanksgiving.
The purpose of this fast, like any, is for us to draw closer to God, individually and corporately as a church. As we set out on these 21 days we’ll have tough days, and we’ll have days that seem a little easier, but if we continue to start each day with thanksgiving to God it’ll open up doorways to breakthrough.
Today, why not write down at least three things you are thankful for. Reflecting and meditating on these things is a powerful exercise to soften our heart towards God and remember His goodness in every season.
As we fast, it’s important that we are also praying! So here are this week’s prayer focuses:
• Pray for the spirit of humility
• Pray for the spirit of wisdom and revelation – for your spiritual eyes, ears, and hearts to begin to comprehend the things God has for us
• Pray for God’s favour, goodness, mercy, and compassion
• Pray for your family: children, marriage, parents, siblings etc.
• Pray for healing, deliverance from sickness, lack, pain, wrong thinking, unhelpful habits,
ungodly desires etc.
• Pray for those in your family, friend circle who are far from Jesus, that they would come to Christ
• Pray to God to reveal His will and purpose for your life this year.
Let’s believe for breakthrough.